Despite the fact that your chickens might be precious to your farm, once a pest strikes the coop, supporting them back to health can be a headache. It’s critical to take cautious notice of signs that these poultry vermin are grinding away and take measures to keep them and other chicken dangers out of the coop. Here are three of the most widely recognized coop pests.
- Poultry Ticks: Argas persicus is an external parasite of poultry and birds, and is likewise found in warm blooded mammals. It is more normal in warm atmospheres, invests little energy in host, and may likewise transmit spirochaetosis and Pasteurella disease. Chronic tick infestation can prompt to extreme weakness, bringing about lessened egg production, loss of body weight and dejection. Toxins in the saliva of the tick can likewise bring about Tick Paralysis, described by dynamic climbing loss of motion of the leg, wing and respiratory framework. Poultry ticks play intermediate host to a variety of pathogens, including Borrelia anserina, which causes Fowl Spirochetosis and Aegyptianella pullorum, which causes aegyptianellosis.
- Flies: The flies connected with poultry production are of greatest significance since they convey creatures that cause disease in poultry and humans. They are known to convey pathogens that cause sicknesses in poultry, for example, Exotic New Castle Disease, E. coli and Carona infection. The house fly is the real species connected with poultry litter. This fly breeds in moist, rotting plant material. Poor sanitation around the poultry office builds the likelihood of high house fly populaces. This fly is typically connected with the litter sort floor lodging and the open window ventilation. Poultry litter is a favored medium. Dark dump fly also cannot withstand freezing temperatures yet can be discovered year round under appropriate conditions.
- Chicken Lice: All chickens have external parasites and lice are the most widely recognized. Birds can live with a few lice slithering on the skin under their quills. These bugs are particular to chickens. None suck blood, yet they do have mouth parts that bite on the quills and scales from the skin. If there are a huge number of lice living on your hen, they will bring about disturbance and can be annoying to the point that the birds will neglect to flourish. The whole life cycle of these bugs happens on the fowl, which makes them genuinely simple to control, since they don’t live on earth and wood or in go-between hosts like beetle larvae. Chickens will keep the quantity of lice they are conveying down with dust bath and dressing. Diatomaceous earth can be added to the dust bath, although ensure that it isn’t excessively dusty on the grounds that chickens are inclined, making it impossible to respiratory tracts.
These pests are most commonly brought into chicken yards by wildlife, especially by wild birds. The use of best BIOSECURITY PRACTICES and fly management system in poultry is the best solution. Vinayak Ingredients brings to you an all in one solution for these pests hampering your farms with a brand name “ESSENTIOLITT-I”. It is a natural fly repellent system for the livestock industry. Essentiolitt-I controls and eradicates all stages of the insects and also ensures an unfavorable environment for them to prevent re-infestation. It is a multifaceted natural control program having selective insect control which ensures selective action. It is safe to be used with the flock and contains no hazardous chemicals or fumigants harmful to Livestock or humans.
The benefits of Essentiolitt-I are:
- 25% Reduced larva in litter in the first week of application
- Improves litter dryness by 70%
- 40% reduced E.coli and salmonella in the litter
- Zero insect propagation
- Cuticular desiccation
- Repellent and insecticidal action