Botanical Name : Tagetes Minuta
Common Name : Marigold oil, Tagete oil
CAS # : 8008-79-5
Plant Parts Used : Flowering tops
Extraction Method : Steam Distillation
Color & Odor : Yellow amber viscous liquid with fruity, green, herbal fragrance.
Constituents & Specifications :
Tagetes has various chemical compounds that include tagetones, ocimene, myrcene, linalool, limonene, pinenes, carvone, citral, camphene, valeric acid and salicylaldehyde.
Product Description :
Tagetes is an annual herb up to 60 cm high with soft, oval, pale leaves and bright orange daisy-like flowers. The essential oil is obtained by steam distillation from the fresh flowering herb.
Anti-infectious, anti-microbial, antibiotic, anti-spasmodic, anti-parasitic, antiseptic, insecticide and sedative.
Benefits & Uses :
- Tagetes oil is valuable in keeping insects at bay and can help with parasitic and fungal infestation.
- It is used for chest infections, coughs and catarrh, dilating the bronchi, facilitating the flow of mucus and dislodging congestion and can be used in cases of skin infections.
- Tagetes is used in making herbal soap bar due to its excellence properties and sweet, citrus odour.
- Tagete oil has unique place in perfumery being used in men’s perfumes, and for general use to support floral themes
- It is also used for flavoring tobacco and in most major food categories, including alcoholic and soft drinks.
Vinayak Ingredients India is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Tagetes Essential Oil, for enquiries please contact us at the details mentioned below: