Reactive Dyes are capable of reacting chemically with a substrate to form a covalent dye substrate linkage.
Reactive Dyes have good fastness properties owing to the bonding that occurs during dyeing. These are commonly used in dyeing of cellulose like cotton or flax, but also wool is dyeable with reactive dyes.
Reactive dyeing is the most important method for the coloration of cellulosic fibres.
Properties of Reactive Dyes:
• Reactive dye is water soluble and anionic in nature.
• They have better substantivity, better wash and light fastness properties.
• They form strong co-valent bond with the cellulosic fiber.
• Alkaline condition is must required for dyeing.
Applications of Reactive Dyes:
• Cotton, Rayon, Flax and other Cellulosic Fibres.
• Polyamide and Wool Fibres.
• Silk and Acetate Fibres.
Vinayak Ingredients India is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Acid Dyes located at Mumbai. For enquiries please contact us at the details mentioned below: