Bacillus probiotics are used in poultry production to replace antibiotic growth promoters. Apart from being sporulated, heat-resistant and stable they are also able to produce inhibitory substances (Bacteriocins) that inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria
The bacterial combination used in NOVAPRO (viz. Bacillus subtilis, B. coagulants and B. pumilus) is qualified as GRAS in US and qualifies the criteria of QPS as per EFSA. They are highly heated stable and forms an endospore to survive extreme environmental conditions of temperature and desiccation.
NOVAPRO is specifically designed for breeders, layers, and broilers to help minimize the challenges of intestinal disturbances. It is an innovative combination of specialized gut microbial that helps to reduce mortality, reduce treatments, and increase performance. It quickly adapts to the intestinal tract to maintain health and performance.
Economic significance and Synergy
Bacillus subtilis, B. coagulants and B. pumilus are known for their ability to degrade proteins extra-cellularly. They produce a huge quantity of enzymes that allow the birds to obtain a higher degradability of the nutrients in the feed. They also produce antimicrobial peptides (bacteriocins) which help in the inhibition of certain kinds of enteropathogens which are harmful to poultry. This combination gets quickly established in the gut, provides growth of friendly bacteria and drives out harmful pathogens like E.coli and Salmonella species.
Mode of Actions
- Oxygen consumption – these aerobic microbes create a more favorable environment for benevolent anaerobic species
- Enhanced proliferation of lactobacilli – which in turn produces lactic acid that helps control pathogenic bacteria.
- Enzyme production – through the release of proteases and many other enzymes that these germinating and outgrowing spores assist in the food digestion process
- Enhanced immune responses
Features and Benefits
- Probiotics stay viable in water for a longer duration
- It has proven compatibility with antibiotics, anti-microbial growth promoters, coccidiostats, and acidifiers
- Supports gut health and immune system
- Can withstand pH fluctuations from 3.8 to 9.5
- No withdrawal period and can be administered throughout the lifecycle