Myrtle essential oil is extracted from leaves of mytrus plant. It’s massive evergreen bush which bears white candy- smelling flowers and its fruits are berry-like that are black in color and include a number of seeds, principally blue- black in color. A plant native to Africa. Its botanical name is myrtus communis. It has a pale amber liquid with fresh, camphor and floral herbal odor. Myrtle oil is a small tree with many powerful slender boughs. It is the origin of Tunisia. It grows from the Mediterranean area to the northwestern Himalayas. The chemical elements of this oil embody myrtenol, cineol, geraniol, myrtenyl acetate, borneol, camphene and so on.
Uses & Benefits:-
– It has acquired wealthy astringent properties and so, it’s used as an energetic ingredient in the variety of mouthwashes.
– Myrtle oil is a sort of sedative and works properly with sufferers who have difficulty in sleeping.
– The naturally extracted myrtle essential oil is a wealthy supply of enjoyable and sedating brokers.
-It successfully relieves the issue of stress, despair, pressure, misery and annoyance.
– The perfume of myrtle essential oil could be very nice so, it’s used to do away with foul scent.
-It’s even utilized in making incense sticks, room fresheners, burners, vaporizers and so on.
What are the healthful benefits of Myrtle Oil ?
The Myrtle Tree Oil acts as an antiseptic, deodorant, expectorant, astringent and sedative substance.
Work as an appropriate substance to apply on wounds, which does not let the microbes pollute the wounds and thereby assists against infection and tetanus.
Myrtle Tree Oil cleans the congestion of the nasal tracts, lungs and bronchi resulting from colds and gives good alleviation from coughing.
It keeps the stability of the nerves and gives relief in nervousness or and stress.
Myrtle Tree Oil can be utilized for skin care and against hemorrhoids, pimples, cystitis, acne, contagions in the urinary tract, and chronic difficulties like leucorrhea.
Myrtle Essential Oil
Botanical Name : Myrtus communis
Common Name : Myrtle, Sweet verbena tree; Lemon-scented myrtle, Myrtle essential oil, Roman myrtle essential oil.
CAS # : 8008-46-6
Plant Parts Used : Leaves & Tops
Extraction Method : Steam Distillation
Color & Odor : Pale Amber Liquid with Fresh camphor floral herbal odor
Myrtle Oil is a pale yellow or yellow mobile liquid that has intensely fresh lemon-like odor with pleasant sweet-green undertone. Its odor is much cleaner & fresher than lemongrass oil.
Constituents & Specifications :
Pinene, Cineole, Nerol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linanool
Specific Gravity : 0.950 – 0.980 @ 20°C
Refractive Index : 1.5010 – 1.5160 @ 20°C
Myrtle essential oil is anti-depressant, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic, etc.
Benefits & Uses :
- Myrtle oil is used for fortifying natural defenses of body and is very effective in treating colds, bronchitis and fever.
- The natural essential oil is used as aromatherapy oil too
- Myrtle oil is the right treatment for alleviating effects of stress as well as is a great mood booster.
- The oil is also effective in treating thyroid related problems
- The natural essential oil also possesses antiseptic properties that are very effective in treatment of skin wounds and other skin conditions.