Botanical Name : Cymbopogon Citratus
Common Name : Lemon grass oil, Lemongrass essential oil
CAS # : 8007-02-1
Plant Parts Used : Leaves
Extraction Method : Steam Distillation
Color & Odor : Pale yellow to yellow liquid with lemony, green, citral, floral and citrus-like odor
Constituents & Specifications :
Lemongrass oil has various chemical compounds that include myrcene, citronellal, geranyl acetate, nerol, geraniol, neral and traces of limonene and citral.
Product Description :
Lemongrass Oil is derived from Lemongrass, which is a fast growing, tall, aromatic perennial grass native to Asia.
It has antidepressant, antiseptic, bactericide, carminative, deodorant, digestive, diuretic, fungicide, galactagogue, insecticide, prophylactic, stimulant and tonic properties.
Benefits & Uses :
- Its aroma inspires and brings fresh energy, clears the mind. This reviving oil will re-energize a person and helps the body recover after illness by invigorating the glandular system.
- It is popular skin care ingredient for oily, mature and inflamed skin (in moderation).
- It is used in insect repellents, room sprays, soaps and detergents.
- Lemongrass essential oil can also be used as a deodorant to curb perspiration.
- Lemon grass features in Indonesian, Malaysian, Sri Lankan and Indian cooking and is widely used in savoury dishes and meat, poultry, seafood and vegetable curries and also in herbal tea.
Vinayak Ingredients India is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Lemongrass Essential Oil , for enquiries please contact us at the details mentioned below: