Helichrysum essential oil is one of the effective natural oil extracted from Helichrysum angustifolium of the Asteraceae family which is originated in Italy. It is very well recognizes from its French synonym Immortelle meaning everlasting. The flower of this plant in the historic period were dried and offered to Greek god. Helichrysum oil comes in pale yellow to red transparent liquid with strong spicy overtones odor and a curry like aroma and is very well soluble in water but is insoluble in alcohol and other essential and carrier oils. This italicum specie is a small, perennial shrubby herb with narrow, glittering silver-bushy leaves and small, yellow, flowers attached with thin stalks which bear a resemblance to daisies and are many a times used by florists.
Helichrysum essential oil is a highly aromatic herb that is the capacity to grow in the most inclement of soil, hence its nickname is everlast”. It is one of the most effective natural essential oils that are directly extracted from helichrysum angustifolium of the asteraceae family. It has a strong, sharp straw-like fragrance having honey and tea undertones. Helichrysum essential oil is extracted from helichrysum flowers and extensively used in many healing applications. It is scientifically known as helichrysum italicum. It is an evergreen herb which can grow up to 24 inches long with silver green scented leaves and dark yellow daisy flowers. It is the origin in Morocco and France.
Uses & Benefits:-
– It is non-irritant, non-toxic and non-sensitizing.
– It is beneficial for the health related problems.
– It is also known for superb regenerating qualities as well as assistance in the healing of scars, acne, dermatitis, stretch marks, boils, and abscesses.
– It is also beneficial for the digestive system and aids in the reduction of liver and spleen congestion.
– Helichrysum oil has great antimicrobial properties and is widely used to prevent the microbial infections.
Plants and flowers have been considered a natural remedy in curing health problems since the past period, so is the helichrysum oil obtained by its specie. It acts as a detoxifier and thus supporting liver to get rid off of venom and wastes from the body.
Acting as a pain killer, beneficial for those with joint pain, sprain, and twisted ankles.
It is apt to describe it as first aid oil, promotes wound healing through tissue regeneration with the help of an essential oil diktones present in it.
One of the recent discoveries has evolved the anti-aging property in it protecting the skin from damaging free radicals, and helps the skin to look much younger and glowing.
The therapeutic properties of such an essential oil astonish which embrace of an anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, astringent, diuretic, cytophylatic, and expectorant, spasmodic characteristics.
Helichrysum Essential Oil(IMMORTELLE)
Botanical Name : Helichrysum Italicum
Common Name : Everlasting essential oil, Immortelle, Helichrysum angustifolium italicum
CAS # : 8023-95-8, F.E.M.A. : 2592
Plant Parts Used : Flowers
Extraction Method : Steam Distillation
Color & Odor : Pale Yellow to Red & Strong Smelling Oil.
Helichrysum essential oil is extracted from Helichrysum flowers and extensively used in many healing applications. Helichrysum is known by its French synonym Immortelle that means everlasting.
Constituents & Specifications :
a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, myrcene, limonene, 1,8-cineole, linalool, terpinen-4-ol, neryl acetate, nerol, geraniol, eugenol, italidone and other b-diketones.
Specific Gravity : 0.9650 – 0.9900 @ 20 °C
Refractive Index : 1.4820 – 1.5500 @ 20 °C
Helichrysum Oil has antiseptic, anticatarrhal, anticoagulant, anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and anti-bacterial property.
Benefits & Uses :
- Helichrysum essential oil plays a major role in treating circutory disorders
- The essential oil is also helpful in relieving the pain of arthritis and rheumatism.
- Helichrysum oil leaves beneficial effects on cold, flu, bronchitis, cough and asthma as well.
- Helichrysum essential oil is also known for superb regenerating qualities as well as assistance in the healing of scars, acne, dermatitis, stretch marks, boils and abscesses.
- The essential oil also helps maintain the digestive system and reduce liver as well as spleen congestion