The improvement of poultry growth, performance and production in terms of quality and quantity are the major concerns for the poultry feed industry. Antibiotics has been used as growth promoters for a long time, but in recent decades an increase in antibiotics abuse in poultry farming has been threatening the safety of related food products and public health. Lauric acid (C12) has the greatest antibacterial activity of all medium aliphatic fatty acids.
This is magniﬁed when the acid is esteriﬁed to glycerol resulting in glycerol monolaurate (GML) the best antibacterial medium chain fatty acid. They act as non-ionic surfactants, which become incorporated into the bacterial cell membrane. Lauric acid (C12) diﬀuse through the bacterial cell membrane and create transient or permanent pores, resulting in altered membrane permeability and cell death.
Undissociated DynoC-12 penetrates the cell membrane and enters the cytoplasm, where it dissociates into charged anions (negative charged species) and protons (positive charged species) thereby altering the hydrogen ion equilibrium inside the cell and raising the pH. The presence of charged anions and protons within the cytoplasm upsets the intracellular pH homeostasis, inhibits essential metabolic reactions, and cause the accumulation of toxic anions. In general hydrogen ions are not able to enter the cells due to their polarity. However on treatment with DynoC-12 which causes membrane damage to the bacterial cells allows free passage of hydrogen ions into the cells through these pores. This leads to the disruption of the pH homeostasis, ultimately exhibiting its antibacterial action. When treated with DynoC-12, gram negative bacteria like Salmonella spp. and Escherichia coli, show disorganized cytoplasm followed by cell-degeneration.
Thus comprehensively it can be said that the overall beneﬁts of DynoC-12 can confer the animal resilience towards pathogenic bacteria and contribute to its overall growth and development.
- DynoC-12 is a source of energy which is readily utilized by intestinal cells
- Maintains cell functionality that leads to improved absorption of micro and macro minerals
- Strongly inhibits gram positive bacteria and gram negative, fungi and yeast
- Confers a positive eﬀect on villi / crypt ratio and goblet cells
- Improves growth rate, weight and feed conversion ratio
- DynoC-12 improves lean muscle percent which helps to produce quality meat and reduce cholesterol levels in meat and eggs
- DynoC-12 has positive eﬀects on improving ﬁber digestibility