Botanical Name : Cinnamonum Camphora
Common Name : Camphorwood or camphor laurel
CAS # : 92704-03-5
Plant Parts Used : Wood
Extraction Method : Steam Distillation
Color & Odor : Colorless to pale yellow liquid @22C with Camphorous Odor.
Constituents & Specifications :
Ketones, Safrole, Phenolic Ethers, Borneol, Terpene Alcohol & Pinene etc.
Product Description :
Camphor essential oil offered is extracted from Cinnamomum Camphora (also known as Laurus camphora) of Lauraceae family.
Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antiviral, bactericidal, counterirritant, diuretic, expectorant, stimulant, rubefacient, vermifuge.
Benefits & Uses :
- Camphor oil is used in treatment of nervous depression, inflammation, acne, arthritis, muscular aches & pains, rheumatism, sprains, bronchitis, colds, coughs, fever, flu & infectious diseases.
- As oil is toxic, it can be used in vapor therapy to ease respiratory problems.
- It is often used for Depression, insomnia, shock, respiratory problems, oily skin and pains.
- Apply immediately in cold compress to reduce swelling of bruises and sprains.Camphor has a strong, penetrating, fragrant odour, and is slightly cold to the touch like menthol leaves; locally it is an irritant, numbs the peripheral sensory nerves, and is slightly antiseptic; it is not readily absorbed by the mucous membrane, but is easily absorbed by the subcutaneous tissue.
- It combines in the body with glucuronic acid, and in this condition is voided by the urine. Authorities vary as to its effect on blood pressure; some think it raises it, others take an opposite view; but it has been proved valuable as an excitant in cases of heart failure, whether due to diseases or as a result of infectious fevers, such as typhoid and pneumonia, not only in the latter case as a stimulant to circulation, but as preventing the growth of pneumococci.
Vinayak Ingredients India is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Camphor Essential Oil, for enquiries please contact us at the details mentioned below: