Oligosaccharides are dietary substances that nurture a selected group of beneﬁcial microbes residing in the gut of food-producing animals and are sometimes collectively referred to as prebiotics. They are poorly hydrolyzed by the digestive enzymes of the gut and preferentially favor the growth of probiotics that are helpful in gut health maintenance, immune-potent, and reduction in enteric diseases. Due to their history of safe use and therapeutic support, they have attracted tremendous interest in animal nutrition and feed applications.
OLIGOS is a specially designed indigestible and soluble dietary ﬁbre to provide health beneﬁts upon farmed animals and suitable to all growth stages. Out of various oligosaccharides used, OLIGOS has the most beneﬁcial eﬀects during high-stress periods and promotes rapid recovery of gut health. It is resistant to gastric acidity and hydrolysis by digestive enzymes and stimulates the growth and activity of beneﬁcial bacteria which are potentially associated with gut health. OLIGOS is the only prebiotic among various oligosaccharides capable of providing beneﬁcial eﬀects to Lactobacillus and Biﬁdobacterium simultaneously.
OLIGOS is stable in wide pH and temperature ranges and oﬀers the most promising opportunities in the livestock feed and pet food industries. It is also a safe and well-tolerated ingredient having GRAS (Generally Recognised As Safe) status and can be included in the dietary ﬁbre content of the animal diet.
Regulate Gut Microﬂora
• Promote the growth of probiotics • Inhibit the growth of the pathogen
Strengthen Intestinal Functions
• Maintaining the integrity of the intestinal barrier • Promote the development of intestinal villi
Suppress Pathogen Adhesion / Infection
• Inhibit/compete the binding sites with the pathogen on the cell • Reduce colony size
Relieve Diarrhoea / Constipation
• Rebalance intestinal environment • Smulate bowel motility • Reduce putrefactive substances
Modulate Immune Response
• Strengthen immune system • Reduce inﬂammaon
Promotes Mineral Absorption
• Enhances calcium absorption • Prevents mineral imbalance